New for 2018-2019!
"We signed up for 30 minutes to just try it out, test the apps, and see if he felt comfortable. He was really happy afterwards. This is a great new avenue for us!"
"We were just a little skeptical about trying the online platform because we like having you here! It is very interactive and she loves that everything is so visual and then she is able to save it for later!"
"She said it was sooo helpful to see you write stuff out. I think she felt encouraged about taking the test."
New for 2018-2019 will be online tutoring sessions using Zoom Video Conferencing and the Bitpaper virtual whiteboard. These web-based platforms are easy to use and include audio/video chat, screen share for us to see each other's work, a collaborative and interactive whiteboard, TI-84 graphing calculator, file sharing, and the ability to save all our lessons to PDF.
Students will need the following:
- A computer, laptop, or Chromebook with a webcam, speakers, and microphone
- A stable high-speed internet connection
- Google Chrome browser
- A comfortable spot in a quiet room
- A quick and easy "Scan to PDF" app on a phone or iPad in order to upload and share any non-digital printed assignments to our session - I use Cam Scanner.
Optional but not required:
- I will be using this Wacom Tablet to write on the whiteboard. This tablet is recommended but not required for students. If a student has an iPad with Apple Pen, this can be used as a tablet as well.
- I will be using this headset which is not mandatory for students but it cuts down on background noise.
Online Tutoring will be available on Sunday, Monday, Friday, and Saturday as well as Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings. I will be using the automated scheduler and payment system below and sessions can be booked in 30, 45, or 60 minute blocks. I will continue to schedule in-person meetings through phone, text, and email.
*Please be sure to read above before booking. If you do not see a time that works for you, contact me to see if I am available.